CQM participated in the national congress "XIV EQAlimentos" (Viana do Castelo) and the 32nd EFFOST (Nantes) international congress.
The congress "XIV EQAlimentos" (Viana do Castelo), was held between November 6th and 9th, with two oral communications and four poster communications. These were presented by the PhD students Priscilla Porto-Figueira, Aldónio Figueira and by the senior researcher of the CQM, Prof. José Câmara - who was elected President of the Food Chemistry Group for the next 2 years. At the 32nd EFFOST (Nantes), held between November 6th and 8th,PhD students Pedro Silva and Jorge Freitas presented four posters.
32nd EFFOST international conference
Nantes, November 6-8
PhD students Jorge Freitas and Pedro Silva participated with four posters:
- Silva, P., Silva, C.L., Perestrelo, R., Nunes, F.M., Câmara, J.S. Identification of molecular markers of sugarcane honey as a powerful approach to establish its authenticity.
- Silva, P., Freitas, J., Silva, C.L., Perestrelo, R., Nunes, F.M., Câmara, J.S. Influence of production process on the volatomic signature of sugarcane honey. From sugarcane to syrup.
- Freitas, J., Vaz-Pereira, P., Câmara, J.S. Development of a Quality Index Method as useful approach to evaluate the freshness of Greater amberjack (Seriola dumerili)
- Freitas, J., Silva, P., Vaz-Pereira, P., Câmara, J.S. Volatile amines as a valuable approach for fish freshness evaluation.
XIV EQA (Encontro de Química dos Alimentos)
Viana do Castelo, November 6-9
CQM's senior researcher, Prof. José S. Câmara and PhD students, Priscilla Porto-Figueira and José Aldónio Figueira (participated with two oral communications: José S. Câmara and José Figueira and four poster communications)
- Priscilla Porto-Figueira, José Aldónio Figueira, Jorge Pereira, José S. Câmara. Exploring the high throughput potential of recent microextraction strategies in the analytical workflow. the case study of food samples
- José A. Figueira, Priscilla Porto-Figueira, José S. Câmara. Discrimination of lemon fruits from different geographical regions, based on a new analytical approach – NTME/GC-MS and chemometric analysis
Jose S. Camara, Jose A. Figueira, Priscilla Porto-Figueira. Volatomic profile combined with chemometric analysis. A powerful tool to discriminate citrus species
- Jorge Pereira, Priscilla Porto-Figueira, José Sousa Câmara, Joanna Pataca. USAMET - an improved technique for the isolation of biogenic amines from tuna fish
Jorge Pereira, Priscilla Porto-Figueira, José Aldónio Figueira, José Sousa Câmara. Isolation of phenolic compounds from teas using µSPEed as innovative microextraction approach
- Sonia Medina, Rosa Perestrelo, Rui Santos, Regina Pereira, Jose S. Camara. Differentiation of apple juices according to variety and geographic origin based on global volatile patterns