The Madeira Chemistry Research Center will organize the 1st edition of the course "Fundamentals and Applications of Electrospinning Technology" scheduled to 15th June 2012.
About the Course
Electrospinning is a promising and straightforward technique that produces continuous fibers with the diameters in the range from tens of nanometers to several micrometers under the electrostatic force. Because of their superior properties, nanofibers or nanostructured materials fabricated by electrospinning have been widely used for instance, as tissue engineering scaffolds, sensors for environmental monitoring, food inspection and medical diagnostics.
CQM Instructor Dr. Shili Xiao (Ph.D.),
Madeira Chemistry Research Center, University of Madeira.
University of Madeira (Penteada Campus), 15th June 2012.
09h00-10h30 [Classroom 16]
Presentation: Fundamentals and Applications of the Electrospinning Technique.
Experimental demonstration (Session I).
Experimental demonstration (Session II).
Participants can make their registration by filling the form available here until 11th June 2012.
- Member of CQM - free of charge.
- Student of Master in Applied Biochemistry working at CQM - free of charge.
- Student of Biochemistry Degree working at CQM - free of charge.
- Other students of Master in Applied Biochemistry (UMa) - 25,00€
- Other students of Biochemistry Degree (UMa) - 25,00€
- Students from other degrees of UMa - 50,00€
- Students from other degrees of UMa with Card of AAUMa Member - 25,00€
- External participant - Companies and other - 100,00€
10 participants (min.) / 15 participants (max.). The candidates will be sorted sequentially taking into account the following criteria: a. Members of the Madeira Chemistry Research Center (PhD, masters, students of the 1st cycle of Biochemistry and graduates); b. Frequency of the 2nd cycle in Applied Biochemistry; c. Frequency of the 1st cycle in biochemistry; d. Other students UMa; e. External candidate.